Product Design Lead @ bp - Chicago, IL
2 months ago
Product Design Lead
bp - Chicago, IL
Job Profile Summary
bphxd (human experience design) are designing the future of digital and sustainable products putting humans at the heart of everything we do. Our collective mission to is transform bp to a more efficient business in pursuit of our net zero ambition. This may involve developing new businesses, products, and services, or enhancing existing offers, while having space to develop your skills in all kinds of new and exciting ways.
Job AdvertThe Product Design Lead is a vital member of the Design discipline. You will promote our design standards and support the team in developing and maintaining them as the foundation for crafting cohesive experiences. Your role will be ‘hands-on’ as an Individual Contributor designing products within a Discovery Squad.
You are passionate about building outstanding experiences and thinking deeply about people and the experiences we create, making them better for humans, our business, and the planet. You are a leader who cares about developing junior Product Designers while actively inputting into our discipline to continually improve the quality of our practice.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary discovery squad, you will be working to uncover opportunities for product development, identifying, quantifying the value, and validating potential solutions with customers.
- From experience mapping to prototyping solutions, working closely with UX Research to validate concepts quickly.
- You will create rapid designs of varying degrees of fidelity from sketches and wireframes through to high-fidelity prototypes.
- You will leverage existing libraries and work with Design Engineering to identify potential design system patterns.
- Working with data – qualitative and quantitative – to inform all design decisions
- Driving a user-first mentality and a design thinking methodology into everything you do. A passionate advocate of putting the user front and center with user-informed design decisions.
- Actively coach, train, and inspire change for product design across bp.
About youA successful candidate should have experience working as a Product Design Leader on an in-house Design team or at a Design agency. Your portfolio should highlight your approach to problem-solving coupled with your skills in research, user experience, and design. Other include:
- Experienced communicator, empowering and educating your team and partners on product design, including product-line concepts, narratives, and customer value propositions.
- Strong skills in visual design subject areas (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout) and an advocate and champion for design system usage and Product Design quality
- Knowledge of various research methods, how to structure research and essential tests to reduce the risk of confirmation and other types of bias impacting the results.
- Ability to communicate critical insights cross-functionally to crucial partners, always advocating for the user.
- Ability to articulate your design decisions based on user value and the problems they solve for the business.
- Ability to effectively consolidate and communicate key findings and insights cross-functionally to critical partners, actively engaging with the product team and advocating for the user.
- Ability to represent a design philosophy and principles.
- An advocate and active user of the Design Thinking process and methodology to deliver superior user outcomes: planning, executing, and implementing the end-to-end process.
- Knowledge of Agile or Lean UX or product methodologies and experience working in a collaborative, agile environment is a plus.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and ambitious environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options (60% office, 40% remote), a generous compensation package, paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
Job Family Group
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at [email protected]; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement
Product Designer & Sourcing Specialist
Oversees delivery dates, quality of production, and sufficiency of product. Work with Limitless Innovations and outside factories to develop and critique new…
Content Designer (Full Time, Virtual Position)
Internet Alchemy Inc
Elevate and streamline our content design processes by creating design specifications, content briefs, content frameworks and style guides.
Senior Product Development Associate
The Build Operations team creates prototype vehicles used to validate designs prior to production. This team supports competitive benchmarking and early concept…
M365 Product Owner
Rolling Meadows, IL
Align M365 products with the overall IT enterprise architecture vision and goals. Strategic approach to help drive product management decisions, governance, and…
Strong iterative design practices and platform-oriented thinking and design. You will lead, drive, and coach others in the day-to-day product development…
Oak Brook, IL
Complete customer onboarding and education of key products and services. Curate relationships between new customers and the ADT brand and product portfolio.
VP, Analytics - Customer Engagement
Experience with Cobrand credit card products preferred. Lead analytics and test design for cross portfolio campaigns for the Accelerating Consumer Engagement…
Director of Analytical Reporting
Northern Illinois Food Bank
Prepare quarterly pulse report for Feeding America, including pounds of product received by source and category, pounds of product distributed by category and…
Office Systems Expert
Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.
Rolling Meadows, IL
Deep Knowledge on the entire product line, KM certification on product line. Lead referrals, assists with customer assessments and solution design.
Guest Experience Sales Specialist
Bob's Discount Furniture
Greet and engage customers, uncovering their home furnishing needs and helping them make their design vision become a reality. Job Types: Full-time, Commission.
Take a prominent role in recruiting across engineering and product. Collaborate with the CTO and product management team to set and execute the right goals.
Experience with the following Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. In the Thermal Engineering group, we support USG’s manufacturing plant…
Principal Software Development Engineer
Able to understand and design highly complex systems. Make decisions on product direction based on deep subject matter knowledge.
Agile Project Manager
Rolling Meadows, IL
Maintain key project artifacts such as user stories, project charter, product vision, product backlogs, sprint plans, product roadmap, and release plan.
Account Executive- Employee Benefits
Multi-life case design, underwriting and offer process. Knowledge of the DI, LTC and GVUL products, features and benefit calculations.
Community and Economic Development Assoc
South Holland, IL
When answering student questions, incorporate solar installation and design experiences into the class. Communicate and uphold best practices and industry…
Ultrasound Transducer Engineer
You design, build, and test ultrasound transducers using a design for manufacturing approach. 5+ years of experience in product design, development, and testing…
Automotive Account Manager
Support the automotive business team to aid in new product development, product definitions and validations, through in depth automotive customer knowledge,…
West Chicago, IL
Solid understanding of rail braking operation and design. Gather customer requirements for the design of rail brake shoes. Imperial and metric unit measures.
Technology Sales Representative
Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.
Downers Grove, IL
Consistent training on current and upcoming technology product & service offerings. Passion and aptitude to learn a variety of technology products and services.
Principal Systems Architect
Thales Defense & Security, Inc.
Collaborate with our European divisions in the development of new products and product roadmaps capturing unique requirements for the U.S. market.
5+ years of experience in industry owning validation/test efforts on products, including designing, building and maintaining test/calibration systems.
Senior Mechanical Machine Design Engineer
R-V Industries, Inc.
Maintain and Release Mechanical Machinery designs using ERP software. Must provide high quality design and have impeccable attention to detail.
Silicon Photonics Engineer
At least 5 years of industrial experience with semiconductor or nano-fabrication process in a photonics product development role.