Frontend Engineer @ Fetch - Chicago, IL
2 months ago
Fetch - Chicago, IL
What we're building and why we're building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we've grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the "you get to use our product!" cop-out. We're talkin' real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That's why we're building the world's rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position is hybrid/remote in Birmingham AL or Madison WI or Chicago IL!
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer. You will build and maintain world class web applications for our customer and external partners working directly with our backend services. You'll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems while designing and developing amazing solutions with a user-centric focus.
In your tool-bag:
- Flexibility to implement a feature from either a highly specific design OR a bare bones idea that needs thought & iteration
- Ability to strike the right balance between product design and technology to create the best possible solution
- Familiarity with functional and/or object-oriented programming
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code.
- Ability to explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- 2 Frontend frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte)
- Frontend Styling and layout (CSS, HTML, Sass or Less)
- Design System Implementation
- Responsive UI Design
- Application State Management
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions
- Data-Driven Design
- Experience with Tailwind CSS or similar utility-first CSS framework
- Charting, Dash-boarding, and Report Generation
- Asynchronous or Reactive Programming
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures, and how these can impact end-user experiences.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match: We match 100% of the first 3% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive PPO and HDHP plans (Dental | Vision | Life Insurance) in addition to pet insurance, fully covered for the first pet.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Military.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our unlimited PTO policy, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People's Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it's for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary, and flexible work schedules upon returning to work.
- Wellness Program: Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Charge Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Birmingham, or 1-2 times per week. We'll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.
- Social Impact Efforts: Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.
Menomonee Falls, WI
Pairs with and mentors engineers while evangelizing best practices. Mentors and assists engineers and evangelizes best practices. Can compose CSS on the fly.
The ideal candidate will possess a keen attention to detail, a strong creative drive and a thorough understanding of industry standards.
Oak Brook, IL
Good communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally with front end and quality engineers. Analyze requirements, collaborate with architects and…
As a senior Ruby engineer, you will be working on banking applications for account opening and online banking, generating documentation, providing input on…
Collaborate with peer front-end engineers and back-end engineers to produce creative and pragmatic designs that result in a functional, usable, efficient,…
U.S. Bank National Association
8-10 years of experience building enterprise scale frontend applications. U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our…
This role provides the opportunity to guide a multi-faceted engineering team in the design, implementation and maintenance of ActiveCampaign’s internal ARC…
You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing…
Farmer's Fridge Careers
Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects. As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will help build the platform that…
You'll have a leg up if you're passionate about healthcare and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application. Comfortable in a CLI/POSIX environment.
Ascent Integrated Tech
Work with our UX engineer and Front End Engineer to develop new and existing interfaces. Turn your passion into practical solutions that will improve the lives…
Work alongside UX designers, writers, researchers, engineers, and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle. A day in the life….
As the Senior Engineer, Applications Development, you will develop and test software applications including integration with wired and wireless audio products.
Ascent Integrated Tech
Additionally, you will engage with inspiring designers and our front end engineers as we create reliable APIs. Build develop new features of the app as needed.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will contribute to design, development, testing, deployment, and support of software systems and/or applications.
Reports To: Director, Customer and Recipient Experience. Contribute to the definition and modeling of Tango Card's architecture and the strategy to achieve…
Software engineer: 4 years (Preferred). Leads targeted cross-functional improvement efforts and mentors more junior software engineers.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Depending on the team that you join, you could be developing mobile features that give our customers and clients more control over how they bank with us,…
Ability to lead junior and senior engineers on projects. Provide mentoring and coaching to junior engineers to increase software capability of the middleware…