Frontend Software Engineer (Remote) @ KBX - Lisle, IL
13 days ago
Frontend Software Engineer (Remote)
KBX - Lisle, IL
KBX Logistics, LLC, a provider of transportation and logistics services to industry leaders, is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to join our team. The role will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for enhancing existing applications and for building applications using modern microservices architecture techniques. Responsibilities include implementing solutions that are secure, support best practices, embrace CI/CD, and scalable. We are seeking an individual that possesses strong collaboration within the immediate IT team as well as the business teams within KBX Logistics.
KBX Technology Solutions provides logistics solutions for its customers through innovative technology that help deliver actionable intelligence, eliminate waste and redundancies, and create greater operational efficiencies in the marketplace. KBX Technology Solutions is a subsidiary of KBX – a Koch Industries Inc. company – and complements all KBX subsidiaries (Rail, Logistics, and International) to drive enhanced data and analytics across the global supply chain for customers. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. To learn more visit www.KBXLogistics.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work independently, or within the construct of a product team, to understand customer and business requirements to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those business needs.
- Execution of this role will involve both the deployment of standardized product offerings and the creation of new solutions and services as required to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate with peers in leading the effort to develop and/or refine processes which optimize the delivery of Cloud solutions and create value for KBXL and its customers.
- Maintain awareness of emerging cloud-based industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce documentation to support solutions that you have developed in order to aid in support of the solution.
- Developing a full stack microservice solution(s) including API’s, queue processing, and database interaction.
- Performing analysis and development of backend processing and Web-based front-end applications.
- Working with a team of engineers and analysts through discovery, delivery, and support of new platforms that are focused on the transformation of our transportation management systems
- Ensuring delivery of technical solutions that meet the business outcomes, consistent with software development standards and best practices for a service-oriented architecture
- Develop, test and deploy solutions based on requirements.
- Document changes based on solutions deployed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with developing in the following: Web Services or APIs, REST and SOAP protocols, XML and JSON formats, WCF
- Experience setting up and using Storybook for UI standards
- Experience with developing microservices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree from a four-college or university
- 5+ years UI development experience with multiple toolsets
- 5+ years of experience with Postgres
- 5+ years of experience with .NET technologies (C#, Entity Framework 6.0+)
- Experience with Azure DevOps: Git and TFS source control
- Experience with Transportation or Logistics Applications
- Experience with software design patterns and software development methodologies
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $90,000 - $110,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Working closely with business, solution engineers, team members and leadership to understand business requirements and deliver high quality technical solutions.
Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS/flexbox and experience with at least one modern frontend framework like reactjs, angular or backbone.
In the role you will be responsible for maintaining and developing features in the back-end implemented in Python, including providing a robust REST API to…
Improve product quality, security, and performance of Sonar’s frontend code. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
Softvision - North America
Softvision - North America
Softvision - North America
Seven Hills Group Technologies Inc
North Chicago, IL
Rocket Travel, Inc.
Testing, and have done backend or frontend unit and integration tests. Grow and develop your toolset in all aspects of software engineering - frontend skills in…
Hearst Media Services
Built commerce storefronts on SAP using frameworks such as Accelerator and the new Spartacus frontend. Thorough understanding of enterprise commerce solutions…
Front-end stack: AngularJS, RxJs, Responsive Web, SPA, Micro-frontends, Modular and reusable designs, Routing, State Management, REST, Websocket, Reactive,…
The University of Chicago
All engineers are expected to be flexible for full-stack development and some may have a specialty in back end or frontend technologies.
Zenotis Technologies inc
North Chicago, IL
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and…
Develop and maintain Skolem's frontend functionality. Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and…