Emergency Manager, Full-Time, Days @ Northwestern Memorial Healthcare - Chicago, IL
Post a job for free in Chicago, IL
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Emergency Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of the Emergency Management, Business Continuity and Emergency Operations Plans and annexes for assigned business units.
- Leads or participates in system-wide EM-BC improvement projects as assigned by the Director.
- Responds to emergency events within 60 minutes to assigned business unit as needed and actively participates in the development and execution of incident action plans as appropriate.
- Assists with response to emergency events throughout the NM system as assigned by the Director.
- Designs and conducts local and system-wide emergency preparedness/response orientation & refresher education as assigned.
- Participates in or leads the design, conduct and evaluation of response plan exercises.
- Participates in or leads the completion of improvement plans developed as the result of exercises or actual events.
- Utilizes available information systems/technology (Emergency Notification System, StarCom21, , EMResource, eICS, Patient Tracking, Illinois CEMP, etc.) to support EM-BC program activities.
Manages active Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) grants as directed:
- Submits grant applications in required formats as directed.
- Maintains grant documentation as required under the grant agreement and NM Finance and Grant Departments.
- Manages and tracks grant budget and expenditures as required by the grantor and NM Finance.
- Assures completion of grant deliverables as required under the grant agreement.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with other members of the EM-BC Department.
- Actively participates in regional health care coalitions and other coalitions as assigned.
- Interacts with emergency response agencies at the local, state and federal level during planning and response activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (emergency management, homeland security, public health, etc) or significant work experience in a leadership role demonstrating equivalent mastery.
- Two years of management experience in a hospital or other healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emergency management.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent computer and database management skills.
- Completion of FEMA IS 100, 200, 700 and 800 courses within 90 days of hire.
- Completion of FEMA 300 & 400 courses within one year of hire.
- Master's Degree in Emergency Management or related field.
- Two years of experience in emergency management.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.