Crisis Counselor @ Association House of Chicago - Chicago, IL
Post a job for free in Chicago, IL
Responsible for supporting the community in recovering from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic through community-based outreach and psycho-educational services. Crisis Counselors will receive training and information on how to implement the FEMA Crisis Counseling Program Model. Support will be provided to individuals living in COVID identified hotspots who are experiencing emotional distress, worry, grief and loss as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. Counselors will also be responsible for sharing information with Illinois residents about available mental health resources to increase access and utilization of available supports. The program will be conducted remotely utilizing a variety of non-traditional methods to educate the community. Upon removal of the social gathering restrictions traditional community outreach will begin.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Reliable and independent transportation.
- Flexibility to work day, evening, and weekend hours to meet program operations and needs.
- Valid IL driving license and proof of automobile liability insurance preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- This form works best on Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browsers (visit browsehappy.com for updates). If you cannot apply though the form, please email Jaime Garcia with your resume and cover letter directly at [email protected]