General Office Clerk 8:00 -4:30 pm @ YRC Freight - Cheshire, CT 06410
a month ago
General Office Clerk 8:00 -4:30 pm
YRC Freight - Cheshire, CT 06410
The General Office Clerk (14) will perform various office support and clerical functions for the local operating facility. Support the functions of the office and facility through various tasks and duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform clerical/administrative assignments in accordance with established procedures and under general instruction.
- Print, scan and update documents in accordance to established office practices. Create and file documents relating to the operation of the facility
- Respond to customer communications in an accurate and timely manner and investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Create, review and maintain various reports and ensure proper company functions.
- Open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Order and keep track of office supplies.
- Assist in the administration and office support functions by maintaining office records, personnel files and answering routine questions about company policy.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Some college or equivalent training.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Location: 177 W Johnson Ave, Cheshire, CT 06410, USA
Job Type: Full-time
State of Connecticut - State Department of Education
New Britain, CT
Three (3) years' experience above the routine clerk level in office support or secretarial work. Considerable knowledge of office systems and procedures;…
State of Connecticut - Department of Veterans Affairs
Rocky Hill, CT
Four (4) years of experience in complex clerical work in one or more fiscal/administrative functions such as accounting, accounts examining, budget management,…
Staff Today Inc
Perform general clerical duties including opening mail and filing. Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.