Delivery Driver (Furniture - Non CDL) @ Article - Carson, CA
Delivery Driver (Furniture - Non CDL)
Post a job for free in Carson, CA
Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences one sofa at a time. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver remarkable value on beautiful, modern furniture. We’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our facility in Carson.
We are looking for a reliable, physically fit, and enthusiastic person to join our Article Delivery Team in the Los Angeles area. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Our delivery teams provide the first in-person contact customers have with our brand. As such, the Article Delivery Team must consistently exhibit the core principles of the Article brand.
- Drive a box truck in Los Angeles and surrounding area.
- Work with a delivery partner in two-person teams to deliver a variety of furniture items into the homes and businesses of our amazing customers.
- Safely load and unload furniture from the warehouse into the delivery vehicle.
- Lift and move furniture into residential locations safely and with care.
- Unpack and assembly of furniture and household accessories.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Provide professional and friendly customer engagement and communication.
- Adhere to routes and delivery schedules.
- Work in the warehouse to complete associate duties as required.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints.
- Meet and exceed expectations as we work to delight and impress our customers.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with other team members, ADT dispatch, and supervisor.
- Minimum two years of professional box truck driving experience.
- Minimum one year of experience in customer service.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and have a clean driving record for the last three years.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift a minimum of 120 pounds; delivering furniture is challenging work and we don't want you to hurt yourself.
- Reliable, flexible schedule, and have the ability to meet the demands of the business with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment fit-for-duty physical, a DOT drug test, and physical exam.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our best to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive wage, we provide:
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package (after a 2 month probationary period) where Article pays a generous portion of the premiums.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave (after a 2 month probationary period).
- A four-day work week comprised of ten-hour shifts.
- Significant discounts on our beautiful products to help decorate your home. We’re also happy to extend discounts to your friends and family.
Ready to become a Particle?