Fluidra’s looking for a
Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Platform
to join our team at our West Coast Office in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
If you have significant experience in hands-on coding with high level languages, cloud-based technologies, RESTful APIs, micro services architecture, and want to join a global team that is passionate, hardworking, innovative
, and FUN! You might be a perfect fit for this role!
You will join our global team influencing our technology
roadmap and making a difference in our customers life. Additionally, you will:
- Designing and developing IoT solutions within the AWS environment, focusing primarily on the backend cloud platform.
- Execute the setup and evolution of data ingestion and processing mechanisms for high-volume telemetry data, utilizing relational/NoSQL databases or data warehousing in a cloud-based setting.
- Forge close partnerships with architects and digital product managers to translate system architecture and prerequisites into efficient software solutions.
- Shoulder the responsibility of overseeing the IoT backend platform while also guiding junior engineers in the development of top-notch components.
- Collaborate harmoniously with data Engineers/scientists to grasp the intricacies of integrating and executing analytics pipelines for data stemming from IoT sources.
- Engage effectively with a globally dispersed team, ensuring seamless coordination of tasks and activities.
- Craft and refine APIs for both internal and external utilization.
- Participate actively in the implementation of DevOps practices, encompassing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Contribute actively to Agile development methodologies, participating in daily scrums and sprint cycles.
- Spearhead the creation of novel features, while also automating tasks related to unit testing and system-wide tests.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Hands-on involvement in AWS/Cloud development for more than 2 years.
- Proficiency in navigating horizontally scalable microservices architecture and crafting low-latency, consistent, user-friendly RESTful APIs.
- Substantial exposure to Cloud Computing, encompassing one or more Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings endowed with IoT capabilities (with a preference for AWS IoT or Google Cloud IoT).
- Expertise in the domain of cloud based IoT technologies such as MQTT and Notification engines.
- Adeptness in utilizing cloud-based NoSQL databases (e.g., DynamoDB) and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Over 3 years of hands-on coding experience in languages like NodeJS, Java, or other high-level programming languages.
- Proficient use of Kinesis, Kafka, ActiveMQ or Spark streaming platforms for constructing APIs that leverage real-time data pipelines.
- Hands-on familiarity with NoSQL database management systems and their associated query languages (e.g., Dynamo/MangoDB).
- Practical experience with Relational Database Management Systems and SQL languages (Aurora, MySQL, RDS).
- Skilled in debugging and monitoring cloud applications using tools like New Relic, Grafana, Google Prometheus, Splunk and Datadog.
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker and orchestration using Kubernetes.
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- 9/80 work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Flexible vacation
- 11 paid Holidays
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHO WE ARE
Fluidra is a publicly listed company focused on developing innovative
products, services and IoT
solutions for the residential, commercial and wellness
pool markets, globally. The company operates in over 45 countries, has over 7,000 employees and owns a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects® , Dell® and Nature2® names. With these combined resources we’re able accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness
experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do:
passion for success,
honesty & trust, customer collaboration,
learn and adapt,
excellence and innovation.
Don't meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building an inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate for this role or another role in the organization. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
disability, age, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
Expected salary range is $120,000 - $160,000. Fluidra offers a comprehensive total rewards / benefits program that includes base salary, annual bonus based on performance of individual and company objectives, competitive 401K matching, paid vacation and sick time, full range of health benefits, educational assistance, etc. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience and location. Your recruiter will provide additional details on our compensation and total rewards program.