Req #6070 | Senior Engineer, DevOps @ Spirent Communications - Calabasas, CA
18 days ago
Req #6070 | Senior Engineer, DevOps
Spirent Communications - Calabasas, CA
Spirent’s Online Job Link:
Staff Engineer, DevOps
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Location: Calabasas, CA
Spirent Communications develops next-generation technology that directly impacts how our customers build, deploy, and scale their networks. Our mission is to be a trusted partner delivering best-of-class, highly performant test products for Service Providers, Data Centers, and Enterprise markets.
We're looking for a senior DevOps Engineer with strong Kubernetes/OpenShift experience to join our Cloud & IP Engineering team. In this role, you'll be providing the key function of building and administering the solutions and infrastructure for our on-premises and cloud infrastructure primarily based on VMware and AWS. You will be architecting and maintaining the environments for maximum availability, scalability, performance, and efficiency while developing one-off temporary or experimental environments.
About Spirent Communications
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for communications networks, cybersecurity, and positioning.
We provide innovative products, services, and managed solutions that address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies, including 5G, cloud, autonomous vehicles, and beyond. From testing in the lab to testing in the real world, Spirent helps companies deliver on their promise to their customers of a new generation of connected devices and technologies.
Why Spirent?... Because together we can shape tomorrow!
Spirent is its people. When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the industry’s most passionate subject matter experts. In an environment of innovation, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen.
At Spirent, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to thriving in the ever-changing world of global technology. We embrace a culture where difference is valued and openness, mutual respect, collaboration, and fairness are considered fundamental. Spirent does not tolerate discrimination or offensive behavior of any kind. We are committed to creating workplaces that genuinely reflect the diversity of the world we serve and an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work.
Your success is vital to our success, which is why we will support you to perform, grow, and contribute – with the confidence to be yourself. And to support your personal wellbeing, we hope you will love our dedication to creating the right work and life balance experience!
Join Spirent and together let’s shape tomorrow!
- Developing, Testing, Debugging and Troubleshooting of Containerized Infrastructure
- Work with business and engineering partners to deploy new infrastructure for private cloud platform
- Monitor the availability, latency, and overall system health. On-call incident and change management
- Review, analyze, and improve our Regression Test Harness
- Willingness to enhance the team learning environment by providing and encouraging mentorship and technical leadership
- Expert in Python with emphasis on infrastructure-as-code projects
- Strong Experience in the configuration and management of Continuous Integration solutions (specifically Jenkins)
- Basic Networking Fundamentals, including:
- DNS/DHCP theory of operation, including PXE and zone options
- Routing and subnetting strategies
- Basic network switch configuration (physical and virtual)
- Prior experience working in a VMWare virtualized environment, ideally with administrative rights to one or more hypervisors in a vCenter-managed solution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in managed K8s
- At least 5 years working with CI/CD with Jenkins (Pipelines preferrable)
- At least 4 years of programming experience (as DevOps or as a software developer)
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system as Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef (directly or via AWS OpsWorks), Salt, Ansible, or other such tools
- Demonstrated ability to work with and troubleshoot emerging technologies where documentation is incomplete or not available
- Understanding of networking, security, applications, and/or protocol design is desired
- Application-level protocol knowledge (HTTP(s), FTP, DNS, TELNET, TCP/IP, Streaming Media).
- GitHub user experience
- GitHub administration of an Org and/or Enterprise account
- Experience working in DevOps where Infrastructure as Code has been a primary design/implementation requirement
- Prior experience with the majority of the following technologies: Vault, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Slack, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, OpenShift, Juniper and Cisco networking hardware, VMWare vSphere and vCenter, AWS (esp. networking), Python, Golang, Salt Ruby, Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS preferred), Rundeck, Netbox, Shell programming, GitHub and GitHub API, SSH, network security fundamentals
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $142,565.28 - $154,473.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Computer networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Network engineering: 1 year (Required)
- DNS: 1 year (Preferred)
- DevOps: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calabasas, CA 91301
Req #6070 | Senior Engineer, DevOps
In this role, you'll be providing the key function of building and administering the solutions and infrastructure for our on-premises and cloud infrastructure…