Technical Leader, Media Supply Chain @ Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - Burbank, CA
Technical Leader, Media Supply Chain
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177947BR
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Technical Leader, Media Supply Chain for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: Content Mgmt & Distribution department. The Technical Leader will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The position will be responsible for development of software applications and solutions supporting content mastering, localization and preservation workflows within the overall Media Supply Chain. The successful candidate must demonstrate a track record in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
The Media Supply Chain – Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to its global customers
The Media Supply Chain – Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile software and technology solutions which are highly reliable, automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and global platforms & partners.
- Work with engineering teams to design and develop technically and strategically sound solutions.
- Deliver software as part of various projects, including developing code, testing, and code reviews.
- Develop, document and articulate technical designs, standards and practices to both business and technical audiences.
- Work on roadmaps that lead to the future-state architecture and and technology stack for applications.
- Continually review and evaluate 3rd party solutions and new technologies for applicability to the Media Supply Chain.
- Mentor team members to enhance their skillset.
- Bachelors degree or better in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification strongly preferred.
- 7+ years experience architecting and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on cloud and on premise environments.
- Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns.
- 5 years experience with asset management technologies, systems and design patterns.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in various AWS technologies such as Lambda, ECS, Fargate, SAM, SNS, SQS, S3, IAM, Step Functions, WAF, API Gateway, Cognito.
- 3 years experience with cloud architectures.
- Hands-on experience in technologies such as Node.js, Java8, Docker, ELK, Jenkins, Git.
- Media industry experience preferred.
- Advanced Cloud-based IT Media Architecture.
- Public/Private Cloud Architectures.
- Networking Concepts and Technologies.
- Cloud-based Storage Technologies (multi-tier).
- Continuous Delivery (CD) & Continuous Integration (CI) methodologies.
- Testing methodologies.
- Analytical troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
- Process Analyses.
- Complex digital media system architectures and infrastructures, including experience with large scale storage architectures.
- Software Development Processes.
- Content Management Processes.
- Media Asset Management Processes.
- Project management SDLC’s and Agile methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and motivation of staff.
- Ability to listen and incorporate feedback into positive results.
- Project management skills with documented successes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and virtually.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.