Software Dev/ Architect @ Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - Burbank, CA
Software Dev/ Architect
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177438BR
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Software Dev/ Architect for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: Digital Ops, Product & Eng department. At the direction of the VP, B2B & E, the Software Architect works closely with application managers, software engineers, business units, operations, security teams and vendors to manage the delivery of new applications, application enhancements and solutions for the Business to Business team. The Software Architect is responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of complex software applications. Will also play a critical role in setting technical direction for the department and overall application architecture. This position performs as an escalation path for issues and concerns and ensures that client business needs are managed appropriately and incorporated into project scope. This position is focused on delivery of innovative solutions and daily support that meet the long term needs of the studio.
- Design architect, program and build applications for high transaction environments.
- Analyze and document development stories, recommend solutions to current architectural challenges.
- Manage and mentor junior and senior members of the development team, providing insight and direction on their day to day tasks.
- Code reviews.
- Work in collaboration with the network operations team to ensure continuous integration of developer check-ins across lower level and production environments.
- Establish and manage the governance of code promotion and the SDLC.
- 13+ years of software architecture and development experience.
- 10+ years design and development experience of enterprise applications using common development and execution platforms (e.g. React, NODE, React Native, J2EE, .NET).
- React, React Native, Node, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Node.js, Ruby, C#, Java, micro-service architectures via Docker or Lambda, Step Functions & API Gateway on AWS or Azure.
- Experience with source code, knowledge repositories, and CI process, such as SVN, Git, Jira, Wiki, Jenkins or equivalent systems.
- Must be action and result-oriented, and able to demonstrate and apply technical knowledge to in recommending optimal solutions.
- Creative problem-solver who works well both independently and as part of a team; able to foster and develop others' ideas as well as his/her own.
- Must be a "self-starter" as well as able to work effectively in a group project environment.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload and multiple parallel projects efficiently.
- Detail oriented, well organized and able to coordinate multiple work streams for on-time, on-budget delivery
- Able to provide excellent verbal and written communication with project team members in a matrix-managed environment.
- Able to work within deadlines, ensuring both timely, cost-effective delivery and client satisfaction.
- Proven skills in developing comprehensive project plans, documenting risk assessment and proactive escalation.
- Effective meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.