Manager, Applications Architecture & Engineering @ Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - Burbank, CA
Manager, Applications Architecture & Engineering
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177543BR
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager – Applications Architecture and Engineering. This role will be responsible for oversight of the engineering team along with being a hands-on software engineer that manages a product release and maintenance from inception to launch and everything in between. This position requires a key individual who understands business functions and requirements, translating these to a working application allowing WB Technology to continue innovating & supporting consumer facing initiatives across company divisions.
- Delegate tasks to engineering team and ensure that they are delivering quality work in a timely manner. Perform code reviews to ensure that top quality standards are met.
- Architect/Develop core functionality and components for applications, services, native apps and websites, by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
- Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code. Identify code/functionality that can be reused and pull it out, improve upon it, and publish it for appropriate reuse within the team.
- Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WB Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
- Evaluate software products and vendors for Technology Solutions and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
- Lead and/or partner with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
- Determine the best cloud-based services to be used for applications.
- 10+ years of experience delivering both front-end and back-end web/mobile based applications.
- 4+ years leading web & mobile platform development teams.
- 10+ years of systems architecture experience.
- 5+ years architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based solutions.
- 4+ years architecting and developing applications that utilize real-time technology.
- 4+ years engineering management experience.
- 4+ years of experience with big data architecture/development in AWS S3.
- Advanced Experience with current web languages and frameworks ranging from scripting to compiled such as React, NodeJS, Python, Scala, C#, Go or equivalent.
- Advanced Experience with big data technologies using Spark-Scala, Flink Streaming for Bash and Streaming Processing
- Advanced Experience with distributed version control, cloud-native practices and knowledge repositories using Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins or equivalent systems.
- Demonstrated experience integrating to service backends.
- Advanced computer knowledge is essential, as is experience with software applications necessary to complete projects. These may include, but are not limited to, digital graphic & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Strong object-oriented & functional programming skills.
- Understanding of related Web issues, including accessibility, site architecture, user-interface, navigation, type.
- Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business preferred.
- Overall knowledge of Warner Bros. businesses, business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred.
- Must be able to create and maintain clear, concise, and well-constructed documentation.
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships is a plus.
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus.
- Experience with social media systems is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to learn and master new technologies a must.
- Strong experience in estimating projects, and time management skills.
- Must be a “self-starter” as well as work in a group project environment.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others (clients, staff, management, vendors, etc.).
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced, heterogeneous environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.