Who are we hiring?
MSG is looking for a Graphics Software Engineer
to join a groundbreaking Capture Systems department working on terrestrial, underwater, and aerospace projects. The Graphics Software Engineer
will be working on cinema grade tools for the worlds’ largest and highest resolution displays and capture systems. Candidates must have the skillset to work on content creation software for on-set and post production. The responsibilities will include contributing to the creation of software tools for preview, capture, ingest, transcode, color science
, review, QC, and final delivery. The Capture Tools team will be working closely with internal teams as well was world class content creators and directors to deliver tools for creating stunning immersive imagery.
What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Build and maintain software-based Vulkan accelerated image processing, content creation, editing, rendering, and media encoding and decoding backends
- Design and develop image processing tools in collaboration with imaging and data scientists
- Optimize image science algorithms to maximize performance and real-time needs
- Design and develop image processing tools for preview through to final content delivery
- Architect and optimize the graphics stack and pipeline in Vulkan to ensure optimal and accelerated performance
- Able to implement modern rendering algorithms, and familiar with real-time rendering techniques
- Port software between Linux, Windows, and Mac OS as needed
- Responsible for writing and distributing tools and tool plugins
- Write clean, efficient, tested and well documented code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing image processing algorithms
- Proficiency in 3D Math and 2D image processing
- Expertise in C++ and Python
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Cuda, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, DirectX and at least one GPU shading language
- Experience in high bandwidth data optimization
- Experience in GPU-accelerated real-time video pipeline applications and video encoding/ decoding
- Experience building a graphics engine and/or rendering pipeline
- Experience in ImGUI or similar User Interface toolkits
- Comfortable with debugging, profiling, and optimizing C++ and shader code for production and release
- Reports to the Senior Graphics Software Engineer
Why is MSG for me?
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Able to work in Burbank, CA
- Ability to travel and work with external vendors (5%)
- Ability to travel to a production location/set on occasion (5%)
Sphere Entertainment Co. is a premier live entertainment and media company. The Company includes Sphere, a next-generation entertainment medium powered by cutting-edge technologies to redefine the future of entertainment. The first Sphere venue is currently under construction in Las Vegas. In addition, the Company includes MSG Networks, which operates two regional sports and entertainment networks, MSG Network and MSG Sportsnet, as well as a companion streaming service, MSG GO, delivering a wide range of live sports content and other programming. More information is available at www.sphereentertainmentco.com.
We focus on Career Development and Invest in YOU
At MSG, we recognize the importance of upskilling employees’ talents and strengths so they can drive their careers forward. We are proud to offer a robust set of tools and resources to help employees understand their interests and purpose, harness their talents and obtain the skills they need to reach the next step in their careers. Growth and longevity for our employees are top priorities here.
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran
status. In addition to federal law mandates, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required. #LI-SA1