DevOps Engineer- Enterprise Apps @ Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - Burbank, CA
DevOps Engineer- Enterprise Apps
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177469BR
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a DevOps Engineer- Enterprise Apps for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: App Infrastructure & Ops department. In this position, the DevOps engineer will work on B2B/B2C enterprise level applications across WB business units on migrations, support and maintenance projects. This role will involve working closely with application support teams, cloud operation teams and application owners.
The DevOps engineer is responsible for designing and building highly available infrastructure in the cloud, automated code deployment pipelines and securing the account using best practices and procedures defined by the AIO group.
- Design and build cloud infrastructure for enterprise applications.
- Automating deployment pipelines.
- Automating Infrastructure deployments.
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Security compliance and governance assessments.
- Production readiness assessments.
- Disaster recovery / business continuity planning and deployment.
- Cloud certification is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years working experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer.
- Good Knowledge of scripting.
- Strong experience with automation tooling.
- Solid familiarity with Systems Engineering, Operating systems, Networking concepts and security.
- Knowledge of AWS services and products (EC2, ECS, SQS, RDS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD - AWS CodeBuild, CodePipeline.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to developers for designing and deploying modern solutions.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node, PowerShell.
- Familiarity with Terraform, CloudFormation for building infrastructure as code.
- Strong Linux and/or Windows system administration background.
- Familiarity with containerization - Fargate and Docker.
- Maintaining cloud services and highly available, auto scaling infrastructure in AWS.
- Support continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Research new service integrations both internal to AWS and external.
- Develop Proof of Concepts for new applications and automation initiatives.
- Design and implement automation solutions for development, testing and production environments.
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis.
- Ability to solve problems independently but knows when to request assistance.