Lodging Manager @ SpaceX - Brownsville, TX
Post a job for free in Brownsville, TX
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Lodging Manager - Boca Chica, TX
The role of Lodging Manager will be to provide the direction and management of the organization's food and customer service activities. You will help develop and implement effective customer service strategies and training programs. The duties of Lodging Manager will include but are not limited to; coordinating service operations, monitoring and motivating staff, ensuring excellent customer service, engaging with customers, hiring and developing talent, ensuring team is current with all mandatory company trainings, scheduling and payroll, interviewing, hiring and onboarding of new staff, setting and upholding customer service principles. Lodging Manager will support the mission by providing a foundation of understanding for excellent customer service that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Oversees menu accuracy in multiple service formats
- Sets and enforces standards for hospitality operations
- Monitoring quality and consistency of food products in all service locations
- Maintaining clean and safe work stations throughout operation
- Trains staff on customer service, allergen and nutritional awareness
- Enforces proper food safety practices with staff and leads
- Coordinates and enhances time management for team
- Monitoring financial activities for Hospitality operations
- Creation and maintenance of in person and online training materials
- Performance management for hospitality staff
- Direct supervision of team of 8-12
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience opening new operations and/or creating operational procedures from the ground up
- Advanced knowledge of customer service
- Experienced with Microsoft office and outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of hospitality profession principles and practices
- Customer service or guest interaction experience
- Excellent knowledge of ordering, inventory and property management systems
- Experience in corporate environment
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management
- Ability to organize work for large groups in various service formats
- Strong time management skills
- Experience leading groups in large team settings of 10 or more staff members
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.