Regional Manager @ Enterprise Residential, LLC - Baltimore, MD
Post a job for free in Baltimore, MD
Enterprise Residential, LLC
Provides leadership, direction and oversight of overall operations for a large portfolio of properties, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents and a great place to work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement, operational efficiency, and strong financial results.
- Attracts, retains, coaches, motivates and leads a high-performance team of Property Managers and subordinate teams who collectively direct day to day operations of properties within the portfolio; holds teams accountable for meeting all mission, quality, safety and other performance objectives.
- Oversees the development and performance of property operating budgets and maintenance plans; provides timely coaching, direction and corrective action to ensure achievement of plan objectives, financial targets, quality standards, resident satisfaction and associate engagement.
- Monitors sales performance of communities; ensures effective execution of the marketing plan and achievement of occupancy goals.
- Works closely with Home Office support departments to implement and maintain effective operational systems, processes and controls that are consistent with Enterprise Residential standards and applicable regulations.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication strategies with teams, ensuring timely and effective sharing of information and a culture of openness.
- Monitors, reviews, and approves property expenses such as payroll, vendor invoices etc.
- Interacts with residents, agencies, vendors and others to effectively resolve escalated issues.
- Prepares, analyzes, monitors, and distributes reports on a variety of operational and financial data; responds appropriately based on results.
- Monitors the building, grounds, and surrounding areas to assess the physical condition of, maintenance, and capital improvement needs of each property.
- Partners with the Resident Services Department to ensure robust initiatives are offered at assigned communities; holds Property Managers accountable for supporting an active program and encourages participation among residents; drives efforts at the community level, engaging residents in social, educational, planned activities and events.
- Holds property teams accountable for the implementation and routine practice of safety protocols in the community; sets a strong example and holds associates accountable for practicing a culture of safety.
- Continuously identifies talent within the properties and works proactively to develop associates for future opportunities within the organization.
- Stays abreast of trends and best practices throughout the industry and of current events and conditions in the local markets; keeps management appropriately informed.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations and Enterprise Residential's mission policies, procedures and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly manages Property Managers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Enterprise Residential policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum five years property management experience or management experience in a related field, with at least three years in a supervisory role, and a minimum of three years of multiple-site residential management experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) & TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain certifications at the next available course offering.
- Strong financial acumen; Demonstrated ability to understand basic financial statements and to manage expenses and revenue within budgets.
- Demonstrated experience and solid track record in marketing and leasing.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem solving skills to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Strong attention to detail. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands, and arms, balance, stoop, kneel crouch, talk, and hear. An individual in this position will be required to push, lift or carry weight up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must also have the ability to access all areas of the community without the assistance of an elevator.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available to work for temporary or extended periods at other locations. The associate may be required to work extended periods of time at a computer terminal.
The associate must be able to travel off-site to any community in the Enterprise Residential Properties portfolio. Travel, including some out of state, overnight, and extended stay, may be required up to 100% of the time.