Contact Tracer (Part-Time, Temporary) - Health Center @ Azusa Pacific University - Azusa, CA
Post a job for free in Azusa, CA
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The responsibility of this position is to assist in our efforts to limit the spread of contagious diseases. Once a person from Azusa Pacific University has been diagnosed with COVID-19, this person is responsible to determine a timeline for infectiousness, conduct remote assessments of symptoms, and ensure those placed under quarantine comply with isolation regulations. This position is flexible and will be working remotely and does involve some evenings and weekends.
- College level education preferred.
- Proficiency in Medicat preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in English, additional languages would be advantageous.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Coordinate contact tracing efforts with supervisors and case investigators from the APU Student Health Center and Local Health Department.
- Conduct interviews in a professional manner that reflects emotional and cultural awareness.
- Collect and record accurate information using Medicat.
- Call newly diagnosed patients to trace individuals they had contact with and determine exposure.
- Interview traced contacts, assessing symptoms, and refer for testing as indicated.
- Provide contacts with regulated information on isolation and quarantine procedures.
- Collaborate with designated local authorities in supporting the isolation and quarantine of individuals.
- Maintain ongoing virtual communication to monitor symptoms.
- Facilitate health checks and test, as well as refer contacts to available community resources.
- Comply with all Health Department regulations, including those aimed at protecting personal information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally.
- Collaboration with supervising physician and director.
- Active listener.
- Active learner.
- Good time management.
- Perceptive social awareness.
- Service oriented.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Intermittent sitting and standing.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Potential exposure to infectious and contagious agents, chemical reagents, communicable diseases, and blood borne pathogens.
- Standard protective practice of wearing gloves for patient and body fluid contact.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Proficient in Medicat preferred.
- Access to telephone, computer, and reliable internet.
- Grade 5: $16.11-$20.94/hour.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.