Local Route Driver | No Weekends! @ Bunzl Distribution California LLC - Anaheim, CA
Post a job for free in Anaheim, CA
The Driver will transport products in a safe manner and by following proper DOT regulations. Delivers products to customers on time while providing excellent customer service as the face of the company.
- Operates tractor-trailer combination in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Delivers products to customers on time, while providing complete customer service
- Transfers materials and items from trailer to dock area or other designated area by hand, hand truck, manual pallet jack, or electric pallet jack
- Backhauls as required
- Maintains DOT logs daily and complies with all other DOT procedures/regulations
- Conducts Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections of tractor and trailer units, in compliance with DOT regulation
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a valid CDL Class A license with Doubles/Triples endorsements a plus
- Minimum 2 years experience in commercial transportation or a graduate of an accredited truck driving school
- Must have Hazmat endorsement or able to obtain within 60 days of employment
- Ability to operate a tractor-trailer in a safe and efficient manner
- Possess knowledge of all applicable State and Federal DOT regulations
- Capacity to read and correctly interpret route manifests and invoices
- Ability and willingness to work varying routes and required overtime as assigned by Supervisor
- Must be able to lift heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation (occasionally 60-75 lbs)
- Previous experience with an Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRDs) such as OMNI Trax is preferred
Benefits & Perks
The perks of being a Bunzl employee doesn’t stop at being part of a great team or being valued as our #1 asset. We offer a full range of benefits to help our employees take care of themselves and their family today, tomorrow and for the future.
What's in it for you?
- Paid hourly rate plus overtime after 40 hours
- Local Route - Home every Night
- Reliable Late Model Equipment
- Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life after 30 Days
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: $1500 for Warehouse/Driver and $2500 for OTR Driver
Join the Bunzl team and be proud to say "I AM BUNZL.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)