Engineering Manager (**Remote Working Location Opportunity - US Only) - Engineering - Visibly @ Channel Bakers - Anaheim, CA
Post a job for free in Anaheim, CA
Engineering Manager - Visibly (Remote Working Location - US Only).
**So we can reach you and our emails aren't sent to spam, please whitelist @app.bamboohr.com
Visibly is on a mission to help agencies and brands make the right decisions using clear insights into their eCommerce data, so that they sell the most product with the least investment.
Engineering Managers at Visibly are expected to have demonstrated leadership with a team of engineers and to have up-to-date knowledge of their stack, being able to code as well as their team. You are technically proficient and provide expert-level guidance on engineering decisions.
You provide robust leadership to the Engineering team, managing and driving the strategic direction, supporting them to develop, task plan and lead on both the technical and organizational aspects. You support as necessary in other areas such as architecture, development and data engineering. You own technical design and are responsible for the development and operational execution of our platform and services.
You lead a high performing international team who are located between the US and Asia with potential future international growth plans projected. Together you create the wins that our clients, channel partners and our team depend on us for. Your stakeholders also include several of Absurd Media ‘s other divisions including the digital advertising agency, Channel Bakers.
You are a natural coach, mentor and role model. You manage your team’s performance by hosting detailed regular review meetings, setting challenging goals and assignments and influencing the long-term success of Visibly. You are aware of each of your team’s career goals, willingly take on those who need help to further their development and you are regarded as a people builder.
You can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, are able to eliminate roadblocks and create focus. You are good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. You know how to organize people and activities and can simplify complex processes. You pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish. You seldom give up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
The home office is based in Anaheim Hills, CA however we are open to hiring this position with out of State candidates (within the US only).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Other relevant professional certifications welcomed.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive career growth through the software development/engineering arenas.
- At least 2+ years in a leadership position (Engineering Lead or higher)
- 5+ years of full-stack experience w/LAMP and a client-side framework eg. NextJS, React, Vue etc.
- Ad-tech background significantly advantageous. Performance Marketing experience ideal.
- Knowledge of ad technologies such as Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), Supply Side Platforms (SSPs), and Data Management Platforms (DMPs). Ad Exchanges and Real Time Bidding (RTB) experience would be a huge bonus.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in the Software Development process to increase output and optimize efficiencies
- Have led teams to success, including growing reams, building relationships and managing their performance.
- Encouraging and supportive to team members, a competent coach and mentor.
- Experience of leading international teams would be welcomed but not essential.
- Proven track record of driving your own personal and professional development.
- Lead a team of Server, Client and Production Engineers to successfully develop and fully launch our SaaS platform products.
- Partner with the CTO to analyze future requirements and build your team to be able to execute the desired vision
- Recruit, train, lead and develop a dynamic and high performing team that help our clients succeed and exceed their performance goals. Coaching, mentoring and always leading from the front.
- Work with fast-paced initiatives, managing projects from idea conception and strategy development to deployment, production and operations.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of platforms.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define requirements and translate them into high performance and scalable architectures.
- Support the CTO to deliver a robust Tech and Engineering roadmap.
- Aid the CTO to establish and steward the prioritization and resource allocation.
- Execute the Engineering strategy to support our mission, including future development and optimizing the existing platforms and systems to achieve both immediate/tactical operation efficiencies, as well as prioritize the long-term goals and investment needs.
- Manage priorities and decisions based on factors such as technical capabilities,
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally within Absurd Media divisions with key stakeholders including Finance, Advertising, Creative and People & Culture.
Essential Job Functions:
- This job operates in an office environment which routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The Employee is required to stand, walk, bend, uses hand to handle or feel objects, or tools, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Frequently standing/sitting/walking up to 8 hours per day
- Frequently using hands/arms up to 8 hours per day
- Occasionally lifting between 5 – 50 lbs.
- Occasionally climbing/crouching/crawling
- Occasional exposure to fumes
- Moderate noise level
- Frequently viewing a computer monitor screen up to 8 hours per day
- Office Location: Anaheim Hills
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports To: CTO
- Travel: Occasional overnight travel required 10% of the time.
- Hours: Full - Time (Mon - Fri 8am to 5pm) with flexible working potential
Working at Visibly Job Perks:
Working at Visibly is a job like no other.
We are based within our beautiful Absurd Media Group USHQ situated in Anaheim Hills overlooking the spectacular views of Chino Hills State Park. We take pride in our inspirational office decor and offer a fun and engaging environment to help our employees bring their best selves to work every single day. Our kitchen is stocked with snacks and refreshments to keep us hydrated and energized all day long and we regularly take time to connect and have fun together as a team. We get to work alongside some incredibly talented co-workers and partner with some of the world’s most prolific and inspirational Brands. We are a truly global organization with offices located in Seattle, the Philippines and the UK and proud to have a very diverse team not only from the US but also Germany, France, Brazil, Scotland and Mongolia to name a few!
Our core tenet is that we exist to help people, and this is at the heart of all that we do.
We enjoy the challenge of new and unfamiliar tasks; change is our normal and we can shift gears comfortably. We love to exceed our goals, both work and personal and most importantly we are dedicated to exceeding the expectations or our clients. We value self-development, it helps us help others, better.
- Access to Medical Insurance (including Chiropractic and Acupuncture), Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Fully vested 401K with up to 4% employer match
- Flexible Working
- Paid Time Off (vacation, public holidays, birthday, sick, bereavement etc).
- Paid volunteer time
- Ergonomic workstations with standing/sitting desks
- Regular team social events
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Free access to Financial Advisor support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
Disclaimer This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.