Become an IS Security, Sr Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll add compelling high-level responsibilities/ impact specific to role here. As an IS Security, Sr Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and build cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Performs ongoing comprehensive reviews of existing documentation, processes, procedures and activities.
- Performs operational activities required to fulfill NERC CIP standards and Cyber Security Standards.
- Identifies areas of concern and works with leadership team to address.
- Builds, and maintains documentation and evidence as needed.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for NERC CIP and GS – Vulnerability management.
- Represents Grid Services effectively in audits, compliance review and vulnerability Management.
- Key role in all audit preparation and vulnerability management activities
- Ensures time sensitive compliance and scanning activities and dates are met.
- Participates in Evidence Review Board and scanning review tasks
- Trains teams on key aspects and implications of compliance and cyber security requirements.
- Represents Security and Compliance organization expertly with other IT groups, compliance organizations, leadership team, and internal business partners.
- Executes activities that support and fulfill program and operational requirements.
- Forecasts and documents tasks required by the team.
- Provides input on future requirements and develops compliance and other roadmap.
- Provide recommendations and documentation when working on projects with NERC CIP and vulnerability management impact.
- Coordinate with Ethics and Compliance and Cyber Security.
- Helps with metrics, reporting and automation
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Information Technology field performing complex analysis, consulting and providing recommendations.
- Two (2) or more years of combined hands-on experience in the following areas: Regulatory compliance & internal controls, risk assessment, quality assurance, and process management.
- Experience with NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection standards.
- Experience with UNIX scripting/LINUX and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with Powershell, Python Scripting, and understanding of the OSI/TCP IP Model
- Evaluates the design and efficiency of common controls based upon industry best practice models (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO, NIST) in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Performs testing activities to help measure and supervise compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in the analysis and definition of security requirements.
- Participates in external certification and customer audit events, including preparation, sample delivery, onsite facilitation and management response activities.
- Participates in internal audit events, including discovery, planning, building, testing and gap identification and prepares summary audit reports.
- Participates in compliance assessment audits including discovery, testing, gap identification and summary assessment reports.
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position. Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to an assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- Position will require up to 10% traveling.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get important information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing Information page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (#8203). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.