Training Specialist @ Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. - Albany, NY
Post a job for free in Albany, NY
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is currently seeking to fill one full-time position for the Training Specialist of Project Hope. Project Hope is a Crisis Counseling Program funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), administered by the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) through its Substance Abuse and Mental Hygiene Services Administration (SAMHSA), and operated by the New York State Office of Mental Health in conjunction with RFMH. This position is currently funded through September 2020, and it is anticipated that funding will be extended through March 2021 and will be located at located in Albany, New York.
The incumbent in this grant funded program and will support all aspects of the planning and delivery of training to crisis counseling staff providing direct service under the Project Hope grant which provides crisis counseling services to residents of New York State who have been emotionally impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the acquisition/development/adaptation of training materials to meet program requirements
- Delivery of training curricula to target audience(s)
- Assist in the management of training logistics to support virtual training of staffing working from remote locations including IT considerations and distribution of training materials
- Provide ongoing assessment of training needs
- Maintain records regarding training participation
- Evaluation of the quality of training programs offered and identification of areas for improvement based on response
- Development and compilation of required reports
- Assuring the cultural awareness and sensitivity of programs delivered
- A graduate degree or higher from an accredited college or university in the fields of education, public health, human services, social services, psychology, sociology or human services program management
- Two years of education and training experience in a human service setting.
- A bachelor's degree plus 6 years of education and training experience may be substituted for a master's degree
- Proficiency with computers and standard office professional software applications
- Fluency in the English language
- The ability to work independently
- Ability to travel to program sites as required
Preference will be given to those candidates with experience as a practicing clinician in the mental health field and have experience with disaster and /or trauma response.
Submit a resume and cover letter no later than September 28, 2020 on our website at Opportunities at https://rfmh.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.